Title: Homesick (Journal Entry- One) Rating: G Category: MSR post-ep Without Spoilers: Within/Without Archive: By all means... just tell me where please :) Summary: Unable to find comfort, Scully starts writing a journal to Mulder as a record of her thoughts and fears during her fight to find him. Feedback: Oh I need it- desperately... like junkie. xenoprobe@hotmail.com. Disclaimer: Not mine, never were- make no profit, have no money, do not sue :) *~*~* Homesick by xenoprobe It's late. I've opened to a blank page and decided to write to you, tell you everything that is locked away inside of me. Upon my return from the hospital I did my best to curl up in bed, make myself as comfortable as possible. I could not find rest. I felt lost. My mind kept traveling back to the cool desert breezes of night. Standing in the vastness, much like the vast hollow in my heart, I called your name. I could feel you, as if you were carried on the very winds that caressed me. I sensed you swirl around my feet and travel upwards- kissing breezes to my flushed cheeks. I called for you and could almost hear your reply... My apartment, my home; it holds no more security than a tent in the rain. I felt no safety or comfort there. I was angry- everything I touched was pain. Pain for coming so close to you and not being rewarded with your return. Pain for nearly losing the precious life I hold within. So close- I'd come so close in so many ways... and now, everything I saw only reminded me of how deeply alone I was. I had to get out. Your apartment is like a time capsule. Even the dust misses you. I lay upon your bed sheets, my weary head to your pillows and I closed my eyes. I saw you. I saw you before me in the doorway and I held out my arms for you to fall into. Your smile was like sweet, sweet torture and as you neared, I could feel the static electricity of anticipation, rolling off of me. You whispered my name and suddenly it was a scream, a panicked plea and your form disappeared before my eyes; your voice echoing in my head. I sat up- breathing out my fear. I cannot sleep now- which is why I write. I went into your bedside table and found a journal- your journal. I read for a while, invading your privacy and enjoying its comforts. There were no entries of your proclaimed illness. No silent pleas for more time. There was no indication of anything extraordinary, except perhaps for what you said about me... You instead wrote poetically of your grief and loss at your mother's suicide. You recounted the ephemeral events of your meeting with Samantha. These I'd expected. But the careful prose you crafted for me... it pulled at my already aching heartstrings and brought me to happy tears. To read of myself through your eyes was more incredible than any phenomena I've encountered. I weep for you now. I weep and write to you in your book for I know you will return to me Mulder. I also know there will be a time for explanations and I'm afraid I will not remember enough to recount the details of my pregnancy for you. I want you to know everything, I want to share with you this miracle- our miracle. Just please don't leave me here for too long Mulder. Please come home, to this bed, to my arms before all is lost and I surrender to the pain of your absence. I am hollow and mournful and so very incomplete. Like the tiny heart that beats quickly just beyond the rhythm of my own, I can hear you. I can feel you. May God keep you safe. Return to me. FIN *~*~* Author's Notes: Now, you may think this was inspired by the title of David Duchovny's recent film 'Return To Me'- it wasn't... That is just a happy coincidence. Instead this was simply written from Scully's heart. I have found it incredibly difficult to write in the wake of Mulder's absence but I found this method of journal writing to be therapeutic. I am considering doing more of this nature but only if you think it is good enough to do so :) Having said that, please send me feedback- let me know if I should continue writing to Mulder in the middle of the night. (Yeah I know I'm nuts.) I've been really out of the loop for a while and have also been ill. I know this is short, but for me it is like a re-introduction to fanfiction. I hope to hear from you :)